Anti-wrinkle treatment at Millennium Aesthetics
As we age, our skin becomes thinner and weaker – this results in the underlying muscles exerting a greater influence on the skin as they contract, causing wrinkles and an aged appearance to the skin. Over time these wrinkles become permanent fixtures in the skin.
Anti-wrinkle injections (such as Botox®, Bocouture® or Azzalure®, etc) are a form of purified protein injected into various muscles resulting in temporary relaxation of the muscle and a smoother appearance of the skin.
Very fine needles are used with the injection and topical numbing cream can be applied beforehand to enhance comfort. Treatment gradually takes effect over 7-10 days. Results typically last 3-4 months but can last upto 6 months in some people.
How does anti-wrinkle treatment work?
Anti-wrinkle injections can help with a variety of anti-ageing issues such as:
- Forehead lines
- Crow's feet
- Elevenses lines (lines between the eyebrows/glabella area)
- Eyebrow lifting
- Under-eye lines
- Bunny/nose lines
- Gummy smile
- Lip lift
- for teeth grinding/jaw tension/jaw slimming (often referred to as ‘Masseter Botox’)
- Barcode lines
- Chin pebbling/orange peel appearance/chin wrinkling
- Downturned corners of the mouth
- Neck bands
- Hyperhidrosis/excessive sweating, e.g. armpits.
Before and after treatment